The pieces in the outdoor Elements Collection are available in Iroko hardwood which is grown in FSC certified forests in South Africa. FSC certified forests are managed sustainably to ensure there is no long-term loss of forest and that the local community and native wildlife are respected and benefited by the industry. You can discover more details about how this is achieved here.
- Iroko hardwood is an extremely tough and durable material which makes it perfect for outdoor settings.
- We leave our Iroko products unfinished so that the wood can breathe and last for longer.
- Over time, as your Iroko piece is exposed to sun and rain, it will undergo a beautiful and natural colour transformation, developing a grey tinge.
- This FSC certified hardwood is grown in South Africa
- Iroko has a long lifespan of about 25 years (durability class 1-2).
How to care for your Iroko product:
- Clean up any stains with a damp cloth as soon as possible so that they don’t soak into the material.
- Never use a pressure washer to clean an Iroko product as this will damage the fibres of the wood.
- Approximately twice a year we recommend that you clean the wood with a solution of non-aggressive liquid soap and a soft brush.