The pieces in the outdoor Elements Collection are available in Accoya wood. This material was chosen for the collection as it is able to endure outdoor weather conditions. Accoya wood is much more durable in its natural state. For this reason we leave our Accoya products unfinished so that the wood can breathe. Over time, as your Accoya piece is exposed to sun and rain, it will undergo a beautiful and natural colour transformation and develop a light grey tinge.
- Accoya wood comes from fast-growing and abundantly available FSC certified forests.
- Accoya is an acetylated wood type; this environmentally friendly treatment gives the material a lifespan of about 50 years (durability class 1).
- Learn more about the production of this highly durable material here.
How to care for your Accoya product:
- Clean up any stains with a damp cloth as soon as possible so that they don’t soak into the material.
- Never use a pressure washer to clean an Accoya product as this will damage the fibres of the wood.
- Approximately twice a year we recommend that you spray the wood with white vinegar. Leave this on for about three days and then clean the wood with water and a soft brush or sponge.